The India Volunteering Conclave 2019 was held on 8-9 August 2019 at the Claridges Hotel, New Delhi. The event was aimed at bringing together policymakers, Volunteer Involving Organizations (VIOs), private sector, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), academia, and volunteers together on one platform to share good practices, discuss innovative ideas and recommend strategies and policy interventions for promoting volunteerism and youth participation in development processes and nation building. The overarching objective of the conclave was to provide a platform to all those who participated to discuss and recommend strategies for strengthening and promoting volunteerism in India.
Other specific objectives included:
• To discuss the latest trends in volunteerism and facilitate the exchange of experiences and good practices amongst the policymakers, VIOs, the private sector, civil society, and volunteers.
• To identify, share, and co-create innovative approaches to strengthen volunteering infrastructure in the country.
• To discuss opportunities for integrating volunteers in the implementation of development schemes and programmes.
• To provide an opportunity for building effective partnerships among government, the private sector, civil society, academia, and bi-lateral/multi-lateral agencies to promote volunteerism.
• To provide an opportunity for outstanding volunteers to share experience and showcase their achievements.
VIEW REPORT HERE