Call for Applications: 2015 Human Development FellowshipsApr 1, 0015
The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) is pleased to announce a call for applications for its annual fellowship programme on human development.
These Fellowships encourage mid-career and young professionals (academics, researchers, civil servants, and development practitioners) to analyze different dimensions of human development to inform policy in developing countries. In doing so, the Fellowships aim to strengthen South South learning and experience sharing on human development practice and policy.
This residential fellowship programme is offered at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India for a period of three months (1 June-31 August 2015).
The analytical work supported under the 2015 Human Development Fellowship programme should focus on a well-defined aspect of human development that could include, but need not be limited to, the following:
- Analysis of human development initiatives in a country that should be related to social protection or any other theme relevant to human development;
- Analysis and documentation of innovative interventions for human development in developing countries;
- Undertake comparative analysis of human development policies across developing countries.
The research and analytical work to be conducted during the Fellowship period should not involve empirical data collection and fieldwork. It is expected that such work would already have been done.
Call for application
Applications are invited from all eligible candidates (list of selected eligible countries are indicated in the brochure). Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Familiarity with human development: Applicants should situate their proposed work within the framework of human development.
- Work experience: Mid-career professionals should have a minimum work experience of 10 years. Young professionals should have a minimum work experience of 3 years.
- Age: Mid-career professionals should be between 36-45 years at the time of the closing date of applications. Young professionals should be between 25-35 years at the time of the closing date of the applications.
- Affiliation: Fellows of Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla and staff members of both IIAS and the United Nations are not eligible to apply.
- Education: A post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline is desirable. Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English.
- Nationality: Nationals of the countries listed in the brochure are eligible to apply in their individual capacity.
For more information on the fellowships and on how to apply, please view / download the brochure. The application form, to be submitted with other documents required, can be downloaded here.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Candidates should submit their complete applications by 15 April 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org