Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
- 22 May 2015:India Biodiversity Awards 2016: Recognizing Champions of Biodiversity Conservation
- 06 May 2015:Women Still Earn 24 Percent Less Than Men, 20 Years On
- 30 Apr 2015:Nepal: A Lesson in the Risks Climate Change Poses to Disaster-prone Countries
- 30 Apr 2015:The UN and the Government of Nepal launch an appeal for US$415 million to provide relief in Nepal
- 29 Apr 2015:Nepal: Why We Must Work Together to Reduce the Risk of Disasters in Vulnerable Countries