Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
- 17 Oct 2015:Helen Clark: Message on the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- 12 Oct 2015:IKEA Foundation Commits EUR 16 Million for Programme to Improve the Lives of One Million Underprivileged Women and Girls in India
- 05 Oct 2015:Haoliang Xu: The Future of Development Cooperation in Asia and the Pacific
- 28 Sep 2015:Technology will be a Key Enabler of the New Global Sustainable Development Agenda
- 25 Sep 2015:Helen Clark's Statement on the Adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals