Jobless Growth in India "Worrying" for Policy Makers
The economic growth that India has experienced over the last ten years has, many would say, been impressive, but there are concerns that too few new jobs have been created to meet the needs of the country's massive population of 800 million.
The growth has lifted millions of people out of poverty, but large inequalities persist. The United Nations has one of its largest country programmes in India which is a key testing ground for UN development initiatives. Daniel Dickinson has been speaking to Lise Grande, the UN Resident Coordinator. He began by asking her about the main success stories.
About Lise Grande
Lise Grande is the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in India.
- 07 Oct 2014:International Symposium on Excellence in Public Service/Public Administration
- 26 Sep 2014:United Nations Public Lecture by Dr. Karan Singh, Member of Parliament
- 26 Sep 2014:Education in the 21st Century must be Inclusive
- 21 Sep 2014:What to Expect at India Social Good Summit 2014
- 21 Sep 2014:Social Media and Technology could be a Powerful Force to Create a More Equal Society by 2030