Measuring Poverty: Ajay Chhibber on ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World
‘Although the income measure has been able to reduce poverty in India significantly, it is not enough to address the issue of poverty. The Multidimensional Poverty Index, developed by UNDP in collaboration with scholars at Oxford, looks at deprivations other than income, and should be taken into account together with the income indicator to measure poverty,” says Ajay Chhibber UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Assistant Administrator in an interview to ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World.
2011 Global Human Development Report: Inequalities and Environmental Challenges Threaten Progress in Asia, Pacific
The 2011 Global Human Development Report was launched in New Delhi by Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development, Government of India. The report argues that the intensification of environmental deterioration and social inequalities could erode progress made in raising living standards over the last few decades. Least developed countries could diverge from global patterns of progress by 2050.
- 22 Mar 2015:UN Secretary-General Message on World Water Day
- 20 Mar 2015:Global Launch of the World Water Development Report 2015 in India
- 20 Mar 2015:Urgent Need to Manage Water More Sustainably, Says UN Report
- 20 Mar 2015:The Water Man of India Wins 2015 Stockholm Water Prize
- 14 Mar 2015:Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction 2015: Towards a Global Framework to Reduce Disaster Risk