Measuring Poverty: Ajay Chhibber on ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World
‘Although the income measure has been able to reduce poverty in India significantly, it is not enough to address the issue of poverty. The Multidimensional Poverty Index, developed by UNDP in collaboration with scholars at Oxford, looks at deprivations other than income, and should be taken into account together with the income indicator to measure poverty,” says Ajay Chhibber UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Assistant Administrator in an interview to ‘India Business Report,’ BBC World.
2011 Global Human Development Report: Inequalities and Environmental Challenges Threaten Progress in Asia, Pacific
The 2011 Global Human Development Report was launched in New Delhi by Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development, Government of India. The report argues that the intensification of environmental deterioration and social inequalities could erode progress made in raising living standards over the last few decades. Least developed countries could diverge from global patterns of progress by 2050.
- 22 May 2015:India Biodiversity Awards 2016: Recognizing Champions of Biodiversity Conservation
- 06 May 2015:Women Still Earn 24 Percent Less Than Men, 20 Years On
- 30 Apr 2015:Nepal: A Lesson in the Risks Climate Change Poses to Disaster-prone Countries
- 30 Apr 2015:The UN and the Government of Nepal launch an appeal for US$415 million to provide relief in Nepal
- 29 Apr 2015:Nepal: Why We Must Work Together to Reduce the Risk of Disasters in Vulnerable Countries