Innovative Calendar Competition 2012Aug 1, 2012
The National Design Competition 2012 recognized creative and innovative interpretations by young people of the diversity of medicinal plants. Winning entries were compiled into a memorable calendar for 2013.
The winners which received cash prizes of INR 25,000 were:
- Udit Arora, College of Art, New Delhi (first prize, desk calendar)
- Sneha Chaudhury, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi (second prize, desk calendar)
- Ram Prasad, Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay (first prize, wall calendar)
- Nagasai Kavya, IIT, Hyderabad(second prize, wall calendar)
- Mit Vijay Parekh, S.V.D.D. School, Hingwala Lane, Mumbai (second prize, wall calendar)
This awareness building activity was part of a Government of India and UNDP project on conserving and enabling sustainable use of medicinal plants. The competition was held in partnership with Dusty Foot Production. The project is funded by the Global Environment Facility.