About Rebeca Grynspan
Rebeca Grynspan was appointed by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to the position of UN Under-Secretary-General and UNDP Associate Administrator effective 1 February, 2010. Before joining the United Nations, Ms. Grynspan was elected Vice-President of Costa Rica from 1994 to 1998.
Projects and Initiatives
- Biodiversity Conservation Through Community-Based Natural Resource Management
- Mainstreaming Coastal and Marine Biodiversity Conservation into Production Sectors in the East Godavari River Estuarine Ecosystem, Andhra Pradesh
- Conservation and Sustainable Use of the Gulf of Mannar Biosphere Reserve's Coastal Biodiversity
- Strengthening Institutional Structures to Implement the Biological Diversity Act
Stories of Change
UNDP has partnered with the Government of Tamil Nadu to demonstrate the possibilities of conserving the environment and encouraging sustainable development processes in the Gulf of Mannar.
In Eye of the Forest: Conserving Biodiversity, Building Sustainable Futures
Recognizing the close communion between communities and natural resources, UNDP is supporting several initiatives in Chhattisgarh to help communities conserve traditional knowledge, build awareness on conservation-friendly gathering practices and help people, particularly women access the market to sell their produce.
International Training Workshop on Conservation and Sustainable Use of Medicinal Plants including Documenting, Assessment and Promotion of Local Health Traditions
Date: 2-7 October 2012
Venue: Institute for Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine, Bengaluru, India
- XI Conference of Parties to the Convention of Biological Diversity
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Conference of Parties (CoP)
- Provisional Agenda of CBD CoP 11
- Government of India
- State Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- About India
- UNDP India Blog: Biodiversity – A Time to Act | Srinivasan Iyer
- UNDP India Blog: Creating Agricultural Entrepreneurs in Jharkhand- Lessons from a UNDP Biodiversity Project | Ruchi Pant