India Election Diary 2014: Voting Rights for Transgenders
Bangalore, April 17 - Voices of members of transgender community from Karnataka, India who voted as ‘others’ in the 2014 national elections. In 2009, the Election Commission of India had issued a directive allowing a third gender choice – "other" – on voter registration forms.
Projects and Initiatives
Supporting Democratic Electoral Management
The project aims to promote the exchange of knowledge and experiences in the field of election management and administration with other developing countries through the Election Commission of India. It also seeks to support the newly established India International Institute on Democracy and Electoral Management (IIIDEM) as a training and resource centre to meet the demand for capacity development on electoral management from other countries.
- Learning across South Asia: Strengthening Electoral Management; Strengthening Democracy
- Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation: India National Document (2009-2014)
- India Election Diary 2014: Learning from India’s Experience
- India Election Diary 2014: Namibia’s Electoral Team Studies the Elections
- Managing Elections; Strengthening Democracy - Learning from the India Experience
- South-South Cooperation
- Election Commission of India
- A People Stronger - The Collectivization of MSM and TG groups in India
- United Nations Radio: Sexual Minorities Given Right to Vote in India's Elections
- United Nations Radio: Polls Close in India, Vote Counting Begins