Stories of Change
India is highly vulnerable to natural disasters, losing about two percent of the GDP on an average to disasters. This publication by the Ministry of Home Affairs, and supported by UNDP highlights policies and programmes undertaken by the Government of India to mitigate disaster risk, and areas of action to make the country disaster resilient in the future.
The newsletter highlights various initiatives undertaken by the states in disaster management planning under the GoI-UNDP Disaster Risk Reduction Programme in November-December, 2011.
Latest Press Releases
- 24 Aug 2015:Private Sector Investment Crucial to Building Resilient Future for Asia Pacific
- 31 Jul 2015:Mr. Yuri Afanasiev, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative Assumes Office
- 30 Apr 2015:Nepal: A Lesson in the Risks Climate Change Poses to Disaster-prone Countries
- 23 Jun 2015:Asia-Pacific Launch of State of the World's Volunteerism Report 2015
- 27 Apr 2015:Lessons from Nepal's Earthquake Tragedy
- 26 Apr 2015:UNDP Supports Nepal in Recovery Efforts in Wake of Devastating Earthquake