Governance and Accelerated Livelihoods Support (GOALS)
What the Project is About
The project aims to strengthen the effectiveness of key programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development with a particular focus on livelihoods and employment in twelve districts of Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha.
- Provided technical expertise in support of amendments to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme to focus on agriculture, natural resources and workers’ rights and supported mandatory inclusion of green technologies in buildings constructed under MGNREGS
- Developed appropriate, locally relevant and cost effective housing options for 13 states that can be considered by the Indira Awas Yojana scheme collaborating with the states for promoting them
- Provided technical support to design and roll out of special projects to move families from unskilled labour to skilled employment or entrepreneurship; and to have productive assets and infrastructure created under MGNREGA through convergent and participatory planning
- Collaborated across stakeholders, including marginalized communities themselves, to support NRLM develop community-specific strategies and plans for enhancing livelihoods through the NRLM
- Provided technical support for 22 bottom-up solutions for development of four marginalized communities under NRLM through special strategies and plans; 14 states initiating Start-up Entrepreneurship programme for persons from vulnerable households.
Funding Support by
Around the world
You are at UNDP India
Go to UNDP Global