UNDP India’s Poverty Reduction Programme partners with central, state governments and civil society organisations across the country to improve the effectiveness of poverty reduction and livelihood promotion programmes and build partnerships that enable disadvantaged communities to improve skills and diversify to non-farm activities. Efforts are also aimed at addressing the challenge of financial inclusion through a range of financial products and services that reduce the vulnerability of the poor. Empowering women remains a key area of intervention.
OUR WORK - POVERTY REDUCTION
MORE ABOUT POVERTY REDUCTION
- 06 May 2015:Women Still Earn 24 Percent Less Than Men, 20 Years On
- 15 Apr 2015:UNDP and Exim Bank Sign Agreement to Cooperate on Promoting Development through International Trade
- 12 Nov 2014:India Pledges Support for UN Development Activities to Eradicate Poverty
- 17 Oct 2014:UN Secretary-General’s Message on International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- 17 Oct 2014:Message from UNDP Administrator Helen Clark to mark the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty