Policy and Advocacy
What is the Project About
What Have We Accomplished So Far
- Documentation of the Kaam Mango Abhiyan in six districts—Sitapur (Uttar Pradesh), Nashik (Maharashtra), Raichur (Karnataka), Katihar (Bihar), West Singhbum (Jharkhand) and Sundergarh (Odisha)—demonstrated increased participation of the poor in National Rural Employment Guarantee Act work and showcased how collectives of people can improve social and economic inclusion.
- An initiative with the Centre for Equity Studies provided a people's assessment of the implementation of the Right to Information Act in Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar and Delhi.
- UNDP worked with state-level community-based organizations (CBOs) and conducted pilots to ascertain the socio-economic status of tribal women in a district of Gujarat; achieve the comprehensive rehabilitation of liberated manual scavengers; and improve the quality of care, support and treatment services for people living with HIV.
- Documented the success of India’s largest labour cooperative movement in Kerala in ensuring rights for all workers.
- UNDP provided technical expertise to support the Government of India’s project on developing a state-of-the-art Performance Management System. The project will equip government departments with results framework documents under the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation System.
- Under the memorandum of understanding with the Government of Maharashtra, transgender community rights were reflected in government policies and programmes. In a landmark decision by the Indian Supreme Court, the community was recognized as a third gender for social and economic inclusion.
- UNDP engaged with the Indian Institute of Human Settlement and produced training modules to integrate human development concepts with disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation strategies. State government departments are now using these to build capacities.
- UNDP supported the High Level Committee on the Status of Women (HLCW) by organizing national consultations and providing research papers and technical expertise to achieve its mandate of preparing a report on the current socio-economic, political and legal status of women in India and to recommend measures for the holistic empowerment of women.
- Supported a series of national consultations on accelerating actions towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) for shaping the Post 2015 Agenda in association with Centre for Ethical Life and Leadership.
- UNDP participated in a series of state-level consultations held in Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa and Gujarat, which recommended skill development for young girls to increase their participation in the workforce.
- Supported the annual conference of the Indian Economic Association on the state of the Indian economy and future prospects. Participants included well-known Indian economists, academicians and politicians.
- UNDP was a key partner in the 14th Delhi Sustainable Development Summit, ‘Attaining Energy, Water and Food Security for All’, organized by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI). The event is an annual, national-level summit on environmental challenges and sustainable development.
Funding Support by
|Donor Name||Amount Contributed|
Expenditure in Previous Fiscal Year
Around the world
You are at UNDP India
Go to UNDP Global