We would like to inform and warn the public at large that UNDP is aware of scams and fraudulent activities being attempted in the name of UNDP (the United Nations Development Programme).
These fraudulent activities may pertain to:
- correspondence being circulated via e-mail, social media networks, websites or sms, falsely stating that they are issued by, or in association with UNDP and/or its officials.
- situations where persons unknown and unconnected to UNDP may pretend or claim to represent UNDP and thus attempt to defraud organizations/persons.
- situations where persons unknown and unconnected to UNDP may attempt to execute fraudulent legal agreements/contracts in the name of UNDP.
In this connection, please note that UNDP enters into legal agreements for its India operations only through personnel stationed at the UNDP India Head Office at 55 Lodhi Estate, Delhi.
No person/s representing or purporting to represent UNDP outside its Delhi office is empowered or authorized to sign legal documents/agreements/contracts on UNDP’s behalf.
We would also like to clarify that:
- UNDP does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee).
- UNDP does not offer prizes, awards, funds, certificates, compensation for Internet fraud, scholarships or conduct lotteries through e-mail, mail or fax.
- UNDP strongly recommends that recipients of solicitations such as those described above exercise extreme caution in respect of such solicitations. Financial loss and identity theft could result from the transfer of money or personal information to those issuing such fraudulent correspondence.
- Victims of such scams may also report them to their local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
In case of doubts or concerns about situations such as the ones cited above, please address your query to: email@example.com