How to Volunteer?
UNV is inspired by the conviction that volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges worldwide. Everyone can contribute their time, skills and knowledge through volunteer action.
If you have free will, commitment, and want to engage and express solidarity for peace and development, you are welcome to join us as a UN Volunteer. This page explores different ways to become a volunteer.
National UN Volunteers
These posts are open to Indian nationals only. UN Volunteer assignments are not salaried, but include a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA). The VLA is supposed to cover the cost of living and varies depending on the duty station. UN Volunteers are also provided with health & life insurance.
The minimum requirements to become a National UNV volunteer are as follows:
- At least 22 years of age
- Academic Credentials – at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Well-qualified and suitable older candidates can serve as National UN Volunteers up to an age covered by the life insurance carrier
The vacancies with brief terms of reference are available on Careers section, and/or published in local media. Candidates are requested to kindly complete the online application following the template for CV whenever there is a vacancy.
International UN Volunteers
International UN Volunteer serve in a country other than their own and are recruited for specialized inputs to development or humanitarian programmes.
The requirements to become an International UN Volunteer vary depending on the specific assignment. Please consult the Terms of Reference for each specific post prior to applying. In general, however, one could list the following as minimum requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters degree, or technical/vocational diploma
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience
- At least age 25 when taking up an assignment
- Good working knowledge of English
- Complementary mix of professional expertise, volunteer spirit, dedication and motivation to share technical knowledge and skills.If you have free will, commitment, and want to engage and express solidarity for peace and development, you are welcome to join us as a UN Volunteer.
How to Apply:
UNV maintains a global roster of candidates, which allows UNV to respond quickly to requests for volunteers. If you are interest in becoming an international UN Volunteer please register to the roster. UNV will contact you once you are matched to an open position. Already registered? Click here to update your profile.
For further questions http://www.unv.org/about-us/faqs.html
UN online Volunteers
UN online Volunteers are individuals who commit their time and skills over the internet, freely and without financial considerations, for the benefit of society.
The Online Volunteering service offers a database of online volunteering opportunities submitted by development organizations worldwide. Interested individuals identify opportunities that match their interests, expertise and skills, and submit their applications directly to the organizations, which select the volunteers they would like to engage in their activities.
How to Apply:
Looking for online Volunteers?